If you enjoy my music or want to learn more check out my youtube channel
Spiritual Creativity ~ Engaging Educational Programming ~ Strong Leadership ~ Beautiful Sacred Moments
Profile of Qualifications
- Infuses prayer experiences with joy, participation, and spiritually inviting content
- Talented singer and musician with proficiency in guitar, ukulele, and hand drum
- Creates deeply meaningful and personalized life cycle events including baby namings, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and weddings
- Consistently promotes diversity and fosters strong community relations
- Able to incorporate performing arts into compelling Jewish education
- Experienced innovative curriculum writer for both formal and informal settings
- Mayyim Hayyim Mikveh Guide Training, 2014
- Mechon Hadar High Holiday Music Intensive, 2013
- Pardes Year Program, 2009 to 2010
- Storahtelling Maven Training and Storahlab Seminar, 2008
- Facing History and Ourselves Training, 2007
- Hava Nashira Jewish Music Conference, 2003, 2007, 2008
- Supervise and support teachers enhancing their pedagogical skills and enriching their Jewish knowledge.
- Plan and facilitate monthly family meetups for JJP@JJC families and weekly JJP@Home class.
- Revise and expand Shabbat & Holiday Table Talks online class.
- Work collaboratively with Director to administrate program.
2014 - 2015
- Spearhead planning and coordination of religious school and family programming at prominent, unaffiliated synagogue.
- Direct and supervise staff of educators providing feedback and support on teaching styles, methods of engaging students and implementing curriculum.
- Conduct participatory T’fillot Mishpachot (family prayer) and intergenerational services.
2008 - Present
- Effectively perform modern, original, and dramatic translations of the Torah for internationally recognized Jewish ritual theater group.
- Deliver Children’s High Holy Day programming and conduct religious school faculty development course.
- Wrote and performed a successful original production about Passover which has been reproduced several times at the Manhattan JCC
2013 - 2014
- Created high-impact adult and family education programs at historic, pluralist congregation.
- Conducted junior congregation for ages 9-13.
- Delivered divrei Torah, created and implemented Hebrew school lessons and community Shabbaton programming.
2007 - 2009
- Effectively taught grades 3-6 in one of Manhattan’s most prestigious synagogues.
- Created original sixth grade curriculum focused on general Jewish knowledge, Hebrew reading proficiency, Holocaust studies and the history of the modern State of Israel.
- Created original 3rd grade Hebrew curriculum to expand vocabulary and fluency in reading.
- Conducted t’filah experiences including daily prayer, family High Holy Day services and family Shabbat services.
- Partnered with senior staff to create and deliver curriculum on Jewish values.
- Created Shabbat programs and taught Jewish music classes.
- Conducted weekday and Shabbat services, as well as Jewish music classes and discussions on Judaism.
Harvard Hillel, Cambridge, MA, 2014, 2015
Congregation Mishkan Tefila, Chestnut Hill, MA, 2013
University of Illinois Hillel, Champaign, IL, 2013
Trinity College Hillel, Hartford, CT, 2011 to 2012
Cardiff Reform Temple, Cardiff, Wales, 2010
Kane Street Synagogue, Brooklyn, NY, 2008
Temple Concord, Binghamton, NY, 2006
- Conducted High Holiday services for students and faculty at three university Hillels in both Reform and Conservative minyanim.
- Inspired congregations with sermons and shabbat and holiday classes.
- Offered an alternative Rosh Hashanah prayer experience.
- Conducted family services and Shabbaton services.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating musical services with and without instruments.
Rabbinic Ordination, 2015
Master’s in Jewish Studies, 2015
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Jerusalem, IL/New York, NY, 2005 to 2007
Cantorial Program in the School of Sacred Music
Lafayette College, Easton, PA, 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies
Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Dean’s List all semesters and graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa.
- Received David Fowler Atkins, Jr. Prize in recognition of “promise of future usefulness in service to religious communities”.
- Received Francis Shunk Downs Award awarded for demonstrating “best all-around growth and development in academic and extracurricular activities while exercising outstanding leadership and influence upon campus”.